Sondra Locke Quotes

"No matter how big actors get, they always somehow think, `Today is it -- tomorrow everybody`s going to wake up and hate me.` "

"Everyone always wants to type you. With me, I started out as a vulnerable waif and for many years that`s all anyone ever wanted me to play."

"I`ve had some great parts, it`s just that you`re always looking for something that will take you in a different direction. People only see you in those boxes you`ve been most recently seen in. That way, they don`t have to think or be creative."

In acting, you`re subject to what everyone else does to you: the light someone else puts on you, the pace someone else sets for the scene, how someone else cuts you together, what they throw away and what they keep. Pretty soon you realize, `This is great, but there must be something a little more.`

As an actor, if there`s a good role you can take it for the role`s sake and not worry about the fact that the whole story doesn`t seem to work. The actor won`t get the blame for it. You`ll do a good job and they`ll say, `The story stinks, but Sondra Locke was good in the part of whatever.` I look on acting as a great vacation now. You work a few weeks, get paid a lot of money and everyone pampers and takes care of you.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix