Robert Englund Quotes

The modern horror audience is wise to our tricks this lets it in on the gag.

If they do something like that, maybe a Freddy Krueger fan, a girl, a really sick goth girl starts killing kids herself and Freddy has to put a stop to it, or they have to fight it out.

When I was 9, I went to a birthday party. We were supposed to see a cowboy movie, but the programming got screwed up and we saw The Bad Seed (1956) instead. Horrifying. For years I was frightened of girls with pigtails.

Many great horror stories are period pieces and English actors have a facility for historic characters.

I would like to see the technology used to explore more period horror genre works, for example, E. A. Poe.

Most of my nightmares involve me forgetting my lines in a stage play.

I always get inspiration from whatever characters say about my character.

I`m basically a movie actor now, and my big roles are mostly horror movies - unless I`m doing a guest star or something - and occasionally I try to get back into television.

And in Freddy vs. Jason I like when Jason and I double team Destiny`s Child.

I have an Italian comedy at the Venice Film Festival.

You`re going to have to surrender a little bit to the contrivance of how Freddy and Jason get together.

I just think the funny response would be that I think there needs to be a Bride of Freddy. I think Freddy needs a woman in his life.

I think superheroes today are like whistle blowers.

I have friends that are much better actors than I am that had to quit the business because they couldn`t survive the auditions or the rejections, or people just didn`t realize how good they were.

But Freddy`s been very, very good to me.

Kids today don`t watch a black and white movie.

Jeff Bridges taught me a lot about how to keep a scene fresh.

I wouldn`t want the pressure of a Six Feet Under or the pressure of improvising like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I saw an entire magazine of Freddy Krueger tattoos. Hey, I`m a classically trained actor who was doing (Anton Chekhov), and now there are thousands of people walking around America with my tattoo on them. I just take it as pop culture.

What`s great about Freddy in this is when he gets to comment and manipulate the back stories and the fears of the characters - especially with Jason.

But it`s mostly about pacing yourself when you do these movies.

The last time we had Freddy in reality was part two and Freddy sort of went out on his own.

I think Freddy`s cost me one job that I wanted in my whole life and that was a directing job because they didn`t think I could do comedy.

I always serve the writer first because I`m English trained, even though I`m American.

Gosh, I`d like to direct Our Town on stage.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix