Richard Linklater Quotes

My plan B has always been to make a film about people who talk a lot.

We all give ourselves a lot of leeway, but we want consistency from other people.

I would have loved to have been a `40s studio director like Vincente Minnelli. You ended up with a real diverse career. Now you don`t get a call from Darryl Zanuck saying, `Come do this movie on Monday.` So you have to do it on your own.

(Terrence Malick) is a guy who sees his movies and thinks, `I would have done that differently.` I see mine and say, `Given the circumstances, that`s what I did and that`s what I`d do again.` I don`t know how much of a free-will guy I am.

But nothing is going to knock me off my game. Because I have some pretty low-budget films I want to do.

Most of us are losers most of the time, if you think about it.

These days we can be sued for disparaging an industry. It`s like it`s a felony to say something bad. I think they should make it a felony to criticize a film product. Particularly my film product. It`s anti-American. I`d like to see people get sued if they wrote a bad review of my movie. If you can`t say something nice you shouldn`t say anything at all.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix