Phil Donahue Quotes

While being interviewed on "Today" (1952) by Katie Couric in July 2002: "Don`t be afraid of liberals. Some of them are my best friends. You can call us names, you can picket us but you cannot take our flag. We are as proud of America as anyone else".

In a network situation, a vice president, while he`s shaving, can decide your history.

Saddam was a bastard, but he was our bastard.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Television is not the exclusive target of promoters. Is Superman really worthy of a Newsweek cover?

In reality, the most important things happen when you don`t look for them.

I was proud of the waves I had made, but wondered how many boats I was supposed to rock.

Recognition should come to the reporter who uncovers public cheating or proves a convicted man innocent.

When we had been married five years, we had six children. What, in God`s name, was wrong with me?

I could never understand how we could put 120,000 Japanese behind a fence in World War II. I remember being bewildered about that.

I have had time to analyze my feelings. I am certain that they are totally neurotic, sexist, silly, and a big waste of time.

They were terrified that we were going to become an anti-war kind of platform.

Marlo taught me things I thought I knew.

I tip like crazy. They`ll remember me. Celebrity can be expensive.

I have moved from certainty to doubt, from devotion to rebellion.

December 25th has become guilt and obligation.

I find celebrity status difficult to bear when I am in the company of my mother.

The system of volunteerism is divisive. It pits one charity against the others for the charity dollar.

Oprah is more than an institution. Oprah is a very special star in the firmament. I can`t imagine a greater success than she`s enjoyed.

Some people are uncomfortable with the idea that humans belong to the same class of animals as cats and cows and raccoons. They`re like the people who become successful and then don`t want to be reminded of the old neighborhood.

When I was a kid, people who got divorced were people who had no gumption.

A large psychic void is left by a loss of faith. So many Catholics have tried so many things to replace it.

We should not use crippled children to sell hamburgers. Ever.

I believe celebrity spoils people - some worse than others.

At first, I thoroughly enjoyed being famous.

Airlines are interesting. They not only favor celebrities, they court them.

Presenting statues of honor to reporters for covering an earthquake is like presenting a first prize to a doctor for performing surgery.

Spanking and verbal criticism have become, to many parents, more important tools of child rearing than approval.

Everybody is under pressure to shut up and sing.

Praising the Lord and passing the ammunition are mutually exclusive ideas.

I think the idea of creating a television news source that is not beholden to corporate interests is nirvana.

In 1953 there were two ways for an Irish Catholic boy to impress his parents: become a priest or attend Notre Dame.

Miss Child is never bashful with butter.

To a journalist, good news is often not news at all.

The Tube is a vehicle for selling things, not for exploring ideas.

Is it any wonder that for millions of men the only intimacy is physical, silent, and predictable?

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix