Nick Lowe Quotes

The world is full of musicians who can play great, and you wouldn`t cross the road to see them. It`s people who have this indefinable attitude that are the good ones.

As long as my body holds out, I`ll be grooving when I`m 70, and not some sort of horrible spectacle.

The number of contemporary artists who appeal to me is infinitesimal.

They tell me I produced songs. I just stood in the back, wore a good suit and said, Yeah, that`s happening.

Going to Nashville to meet the in-laws was the first time when I`d been in America and not been seen as some sort of eccentric character with a cute accent.

If a hit came along, I wouldn`t be unhappy about that. But I`m a bit too old for that now-doing videos and all those types of TV shows. I`ve kind of done all that, in the `70s.

If anyone comes along, I`m more than happy to welcome them, but I`m not interested in world domination.

All those years we`d spent learning these chops, and all those gigs in Germany where you`d play all night, and along comes punk. It has nothing to do with that. A lot of people went out of business.

Be a military flier or be in a band; those were the two hippest things I could imagine.

You`ve got to really know your song, inside and out.

I work very hard on getting the songs as direct and examined as I can before I go in the studio.

In the `70s, you had to come up with an album every year whether you were ready or not.

I suppose I was waiting until I was old enough to have some sort of experience to sing about. When you`re young, it`s hard to sing the blues. Nobody believes you.

These days, rock `n` roll is much more about rock than about roll. I don`t do rock. But I`m interested in that roll part, because that`s the funny little bit that makes it hip.

Elvis Costello had a brand new bag. He was a musician, but he knew all about the attitude part of it.

When somebody like Elvis Costello comes along, anybody can make a good record with him.

I like being a big fish in a small pond. I`m not interested in a huge audience because it brings headaches.

When punk rock came along, the one thing you were not supposed to be was musical.

I`m playing to the sort of people who like the same records.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix