Mark Hamill Quotes

I have a sneaking suspicion that if there were a way to make movies without actors, George (Lucas) would do it.

The idea of The Force is basically "Religion`s Greatest Hits".

You know how there are some stars out there who know how to market themselves? I don`t have that.

I can`t tell you how much we laughed on the set to have Alec Guinness in a scene with a big, furry dog that`s flying a space ship

(when asked by Kevin Smith on "Dinner For Five" if he`s tired of talking about Star Wars) To be honest with you, sure. I`m human. I mean, I like ice cream, but I don`t eat it three times a day. And I`ve forgotten a lot of it. If I was still working on it, it might be different, but I`ve put it in perspective. I want to be supportive without being critical, but it`s not mine anymore.

I`m waiting for my body to catch up with my age

I`ve learned that the movies (Star Wars) will never finally end. It just goes on and on and on and on. I mean, it`s going to be in 3D, then it`s going to be smellivision, then it`s going to be a ride in an amusement park, then they`ll come to your house and perform it with puppets on your lawn ... it`ll never end! I accepted that a long time ago.

I think theater has given me the opportunity to show what a character actor I can be.

I`ve been married to a dental hygienist for years and if you think I haven`t heard "Use the Floss" you`d be mistaken.

"I had the accident way before Star Wars came out, but what really happened has been terribly distorted. I broke my nose, that`s it! But I`ve read accounts about how my face has been reconstructed with plastic surgery and how I was pulling myself along the highway with one arm looking for help. I even heard that I drove off a cliff! That`s the best one of all." - Mark Hamill on his auto accident.

I love comic books.

You know where (the pride) comes from? It`s not so much from the industry ... but the 9-year-old kid who looks at you like a cross between Superman and Santa Claus. And you`d have to be a really, really hardened cynic not to be moved by that. Not only that, but just doing the interviews for this animation series, I can`t tell you how many people have said, `I got into the business because of that movie.` ... I totally understand that because I remember walking out of Jason and the Argonauts (1963) and saying, `I don`t know how they got those skeletons to fight, but someday I want that to be my job. To make skeletons fight.`

I can`t tell you how much we laughed on the set to have Alec Guinness in a scene with a big, furry dog that`s flying a space ship.

Acting in `Star Wars` I felt like a raisin in a giant fruit salad, and I didn`t even know who the cantaloupes were.

I`m waiting for my body to catch up with my age.

I never saw myself so much as an actor. I wanted to be a cartoonist like Charles M. Schulz and create my own world and be able to have a studio at home and not commute and be able to be with my family. I just didn`t have the skills to pull that off and so I`ve gravitated toward theater because I like all of it.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix