June Carter Cash Quotes

"I`ve been really happy just traveling and being Mrs. Johnny Cash all these years. But I`m also really happy and surprised that someone wanted me to make another album, and I`m real proud of what I`ve done." - reflecting on her 1999 album "Press On".

"I have always enjoyed being a part of his life. I`ve always loved him, and he`s always loved me." - talking about her husband Johnny Cash. (2002)

Inside that book, it`s my life-all the places where I`m hurting or I laughed or I cried or I prayed. And I`ve had to pray a lot!

I`ve flown out of character so many times. In that sense I`ve been lucky, because I`ve been given the liberty to do just about anything I`ve wanted to do in my lifetime.

We wanted to slow down. But one would let us.

I had all the material for a long time, but I was just too busy. Sometimes we`d sit around at home and sing some of these songs at family things, and everyone always said I should record them.

One morning, about four o`clock, I was driving my car just about as fast as I could. I thought, Why am I out this time of night? I was miserable, and it came to me: I`m falling in love with somebody I have no right to fall in love with.

This is the bunch of songs I did first, and it`s just the type of thing I do. I am a Carter Family girl, so the record is book-ended with Carter Family songs.

I was never looking back in regret. I never thought, Oh, why didn`t I become an actress? or Why did I just go paddling along after John? I`ve always walked along right by his side, and he`s always supported everything I do.

After you`ve listened to it, you`ll feel like you know us a little bit better.

I chose to be Mrs. Johnny Cash in my life. I decided I`d allow him to be Moses and I`d be Moses` brother Aaron, picking his arms up and padding along behind him.

I stayed in submission to my husband, and he allowed me to do anything I wanted to. I felt like I was lucky to have that kind of romance.

We always had Packards, until the war, when they stopped making them; then we had a Cadillac.

For the last 20 months, I`ve just been going from one hospital to another.

I worked with John, but I had enough sense to walk just a little ways behind him. I could have made more records, but I wanted to have a marriage.

It depends on how Johnny`s feeling... If we go back on the road, we will go together. I`ll go where he goes, and he`ll go where I go.

We never actually slept in the Packard, but we`d stay at these places called tourist homes. Then they got these wonderful things called motels.

He`s just like my father that way-my father just adored my mother and let her do whatever she wanted. John`s like that. He`s a very rare man, a very good man, and I`ve had a good life with him. I`m proud to be walking in the wake of Johnny`s fame.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix