Joe Perry Quotes

Listening back to the tapes to make this record, it was just one of those nights. Usually when you put out a live record, you kind of cull them from a series of shows -- you get the best performance of each song and hone it down. But with that one, we just kind of let it fly.

I think that after this game, it will make a difference the rest of the year.

There are a lot of other kinds of acts and other things people can spend their money on now.

We went back to the beginning of the band`s career for some of these songs. We had fun knocking the dust off them but it was a little nerve-racking too, because we hadn`t played some of the songs in a while. I think we`ve only played `No More No More` live a total of 20 times in our entire career. We were going on muscle memory for some of these, which gave our performance an edge.

When you can play in front of 3,000 fans, it`s an opportunity to pull out some of the earlier and more esoteric songs.

I mean, we're not talking schizophrenia here. Just self-destructive with a sense of humor.

There aren`t a lot of great bands out there that can put on a great rock show, ... They didn`t come up in that environment, in that era before MTV where you really had to be a good live band.

I`m a fan first, and I don`t believe good rock `n` roll exists unless it`s in partnership with the fans. By putting ramps up into the audience and keeping the stage low, it creates such an energy and an interaction with the crowd, it`s a sum that`s greater than the parts.

One of the best films made by Tim Burton.

I felt in good form before the match and my confidence was high but I just do not seem to play well at that venue. I have never played Jimmy before but I am looking forward to it.

I have seen more bad songs make it because of MTV, than good ones that haven't.

A band isn't a band unless they're playing together. Otherwise it's just five guys that are living off their royalty checks.

Music is music; you don't have to put a label on it.

(on working with Run-D.M.C. on "Walk This Way") It was the first time that if somebody mixed peanut butter and chocolate, it was fun to be a part of it.

I don't want fans to think we're clean, upstanding American boys, but we are Americans, and we do stand up.

Our story was basically that we had it all, and we p*ssed it all away.

My sense of humor gets out of hand sometimes, which really bugs the hell out of Steven. He'd like me yo play straight-ahead rhythms, but I like to make a lot of noise and sh*t.

I don't need to speak...I play the guitar!

I think we're just a garage band that got lucky. It's the enthusiasm from the audience that keeps it going.

Rhythm and sex go together and that's where I come from as far as the music goes. Rag Doll and Love In An Elevator are such sexual songs that you put them on & the strippers go NUTS!

We're just entertainers. We're here to make people happy, to make them SMILE. That's what Steve does with his lyrics. God it'd be boring if it was all just boy meets girl...C'mon, we're here to have a good time!

You've got to keep your body in good working order--otherwise,how else are you gonna be able to f#?k all night?

We have sex 2,3 times a day. In fact, we are late right now

We like each other just enough

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia