Joan Bennett Quotes

"I don`t think much of most of the films I made, but being a movie star was something I liked very much."

"I feel positively like a Beatle, " Joan Bennett in response to the attention she was getting with the success of Dark Shadows.

`My film career faded. A man can go on playing certain roles till he`s sixty. But not a woman` `The golden age is gone, and with it most of the people of great taste. It doesn`t seem to be any fun any more` (1984)

(on Hollywood attorney Jerry Giesler) "Whenever trouble arose in Hollywood, the first cry for legal help was, `Get Giesler!`."

"Meryl Streep can act Polish or English or Australian but she sure as hell can`t act blonde."

(on her sister Constance): "That beautiful sister of mine was an overwhelming and volatile mixture. One had the feeling that she`d been shot from a canon and showered her sparks over an incredulous world with no thought or care where they fell, a carbon copy of father. She was like some silvery comet who streaked through life with daring speed, the wellspring of which was an inner confidence that I deeply admired. At times, particularly in childhood, I was intimidated by her but she dictated from an aura of affection for me that was never threatening."

"After Trade Winds was released, I was greeted as Miss Lamarr in dimly lit restaurants. Personally, I liked the idea of escaping from all that bland, blonde innocence and thought the whole thing was very funny, but I don`t think Hedy found the comparisons very amusing."

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix