Jeffrey Hunter Quotes

"I was told I had arrived when, during the shooting of The Searchers (1956), they gave me almost as much ammunition as they gave John Wayne.

I love doing motion pictures and expect to be as busy as I want to be in them.

The idea of making pictures abroad is exciting when you`re in Hollywood and have never worked in foreign countries. You think you`ll get to see the sights and have all the fun that goes with traveling. Actually, you spend so much time on the job that you don`t do much else.

I was warned not to do it. Actors who play Jesus are supposed to have a hard time getting other roles to follow, but I felt this was a myth. After all, how can you be typecast as Christ?

With all the weird surroundings of outer space the basic underlying theme of the show is a philosophical approach to man`s relationship to woman. There are both sexes in the crew, in fact, the first officer is a woman.

You try to get the feel of any role, but it`s much more difficult in the case of Christ because everyone has their own personal image of Him. It`s a role you take on, knowing that no matter how you play it, you are going to disappoint many.

There just aren`t that many Jesus roles around.

We had to be parents by long distance, which is far from satisfactory.

I was notified on July 17 to be ready to start August 7 for an October air date. When we reached the screen we did not have a single segment ready. It was done so fast the writers never got a chance to know what it was all about.

I doubt if the public thought of me as Christ when they next saw me as Temple Houston on television.

When it comes to turning out movies, I`m for Hollywood.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix