Jackie Earle Haley Quotes

I`m an actor. Not at the exclusion of other things -- I`m also director or a limousine driver, if need be. But nothing is as thrilling to me as doing an actor`s work.

I`d always avoided stuff like `Where are they now?` or `Whatever happened to?` Just `No thanks, thanks for calling.` You tell me, have you ever seen a `Whatever happened to` where they seemed anything but pathetic? I could do that or just disappear.

That transition from child to adult actor is so incredibly elusive. The roles that were coming to me as a young adult were not that great, but I was taking them anyway to pay the rent. And the more bad roles in bad movies I took, the less anybody wanted me for a good role in a good movie.

I started acting when I was 5 years old. And I was pretty well known for a while. Your self-esteem and your identity start to become wrapped up in that celebrity, and when that starts to fade away, your self-esteem and your identity start to fade away with it. Those roles that I played and the success that I had, that is not who I am. It`s part of who I am, but it`s not everything. So when it drifts away and you start to feel increasingly insecure, it`s kind of a long battle out of that.

After tossing and turning all night my wife came running in ... she was just screaming and crying and said, `You got it!` (His reaction to his Oscar-nomination for Little Children (2006))

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix