Jack Davenport Quotes

(describing his role in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)) "The chap in the duffle coat jumping up and down in the background!"

During my childhood, I was surrounded by actors and all I remember is they were fun to be around. That kind of sticks.

People tell me that Hollywood loves new faces, but I don`t know. They`re probably just being nice.

(about how his `This Life` character, Miles Stewart, was received by the public) A lot of drunken women came up to me in pubs telling me I was a bastard. To begin with I tried to explain that the show wasn`t real, but then I found a better tactic was to look them in the eye and say "Yeah, you know what? I am."

I try not to see acting as anything other than a job. I hate it when I say to people I`m unemployed, and they say "you mean you`re resting?" I`m like "No, unemployed", because I am. That`s what acting`s about - making a living.

Acting is a cruel enough business. One minute everyone`s going "Hey!" and the next they`re going "Who?". You certainly don`t need people knowing your private business, especially if you want to come out with your head still attached.

About his costume in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl": "I came in that day and I saw Johnny in his costume and I was so jealous. He looked so cool, with his bandanna and his hat, and here I am, looking like an ice cream."

My parents who worked in the business, felt lion-taming was preferable to acting. They said 93 per cent of all actors were out of work, and tried to talk me out of it. But I grew up mixing with Mum and Dad`s friends. Adult actors are really childish, and that`s nice to be around when you`re a kid. So the big reason I wanted to be an actor was I really enjoyed actors` company - which probably makes me about as shallow as a puddle. But it could be worse. I could be working for a living.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix