Gordon Lightfoot Quotes

I was under contract for 33 years, and when you`re like that you`re always under the gun to produce. You tend to ignore certain things and to become isolated, and you don`t spend enough time thinking about other things like the business end and the family and even the live performances. Now I can concentrate on my shows, which is great because that`s what I like best anyway. -- GL, during 2007 interview

I`m a little nuts. I`m a lot nuts. All I know is that in the midst of the madness of this world it`s my therapy. The music touches my heartstrings.

You just get the vibes of your surroundings and it rubs off on you.

I`m not really a bird person or an Audubon guy who studies them, but as I was around them, they interested me.

Turning back the pages of my sweet shattered dream, I wonder if she`ll ever do the same; And the thing that I call living is just being satisfied With knowing I`ve got no one left to blame.

I don`t think they should regulate the music field. I don`t see how they can regulate the arts.

All that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

I try to keep it light and positive most of the time, whereas earlier on I didn`t always do that.

I know that we`re being inexorably taken over by the Americans. Without a doubt. I don`t mean invaded or anything like that, just taken over. By degrees.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix