Gavin DeGraw Quotes

We have a George Foreman grill on the bus.

So I try not to have any actual expectations for myself for any level of success or failure.

When my grandfather died, I started adopting some of his accents, to sort of remind myself of him. A homage. He was a war hero, and he was really great with his hands.

I`m very competitive, and my ego couldn`t handle that lack of success.

So if I was dating somebody now and the relationship didn`t work out, I`d take that as failing.

I like some old classic country stuff.

I love to play music.

I don`t want to see Superman replaced with Superboy.

My dad didn`t want me to play guitar. He played piano, so I chose that. And I ended up loving it.

It`s not my goal to be a famous actor.

So when you start touring, women are definitely going to check you out first.

You can be a singer, and you can be a guitar player, but putting them together is another animal.

Playing in front of people is a lot different from playing in your room.

I live in a bus and go from place to place and sometimes feel very detached from what`s going on.

When people put that sort of pressure on you, you`re worried that people won`t want to receive you.

I think listening to real classic soul material made me learn how to feel music that`s sung.

I took a lot of time to open myself up to taking chances musically.

So yeah, I play the piano for most of the show, but I like rock and roll.

I don`t want to be anything other than what I`ve been trying to be lately.

To me, all I ever want to do is play, and nothing else ever crossed my mind concerning a career. Just playing. Only the execution of the songs.

I can do a gig without an instrument.

The early Billy Joel stuff I fell in love with, like Glass Houses, is a real rock record.

I like to do the splits onstage.

I don`t take my clothes off in my videos.

When I was a kid I got busted for throwing a rock through a car window and egging a house on halloween.

I`m like a junkie for writing.

Women are the first to jump on what is fashionable.

I was introduced to country music around a campfire on a farm.

There`s always some amount of gradual, slow burning destruction over the course of partying.

I think it`s important not to worry about that too much, because even if I was the next big thing, there would be another next big thing soon.

I don`t really take a step back too often to see what`s going on.

I could tell it was a popular move as a writer to walk down the bass lines while you were writing a song.

But I`ve never considered myself any kind of heartthrob. It sounds painful.

I may never get my own action figure, but at least I think what I`m doing is really legitimate musically.

I miss that sensation of a small achievement feeling like a really big deal.

I mean, I cut my hair with a pocketknife.

I guess I`m happy that I`m getting the attention. Otherwise, I`d just be playing in a local bar in front of my family members, and I`m sure they`d get sick of that in no time.

That`s part of the fun, I guess, is having people excited about seeing you and signing autographs and getting to meet fans and things like that.

I happen to be a guy who also plays the piano and sings, so people automatically associate me with Billy Joel.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix