Eddie Albert Quotes

(on "Green Acres" (1965)) The comedy is like "Pickwick Papers", or "Gulliver`s Travels", or Voltaire. It`s so far out that it becomes truth, deep truth.

I don`t really care how I am remembered as long as I bring happiness and joy to people.

(on why he accepted the role on "Green Acres" (1965)) Everyone gets tired of the rat race. Everyone would like to chuck it all and grow some carrots. It`s basic. Sign me. I knew it would be successful. Had to be. It`s about the atavistic urge, and people have been getting a charge out of that ever since Aristophanes wrote about the plebes and the city folk.

(on his post-war career) I took everything they could throw at me, pictures like The Dude Goes West (1948) and The Fuller Brush Girl (1950). I worked myself back up, but I never wanted to be a star. I was aiming to play the star`s best friend.

I always thought I was a singer, but I really am not.

And so I missed those best years and I find it difficult for me, in groups, to be comfortable.

I was not really as good as I should have been.

What`s the most important thing in the world? It`s love, and I look at that as an energy, not a sentiment.

You can forgive yourself a great deal.

Right now in California we gain 40,000 new acres of desert every year, with all the building and the people coming in... housing going up like crazy.

I don`t think I`m proud of anything in acting.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix