Danny Trejo Quotes

(On being promoted from a $50/day extra to a $350/day boxing coach:) "How bad do you want this kid beat up?"

It was the funniest thing I`d ever heard. I`d been in Soledad, San Quentin, Folsom, Vacaville, Susanville, Sierra - and here`s a guy asking `Can you act like a convict?` I remember I said `I`ll give it a shot`.

(of on-set competition between actors) "I`ve watched so many of those kinds of things turn bad, and the last thing you want to do is compete with somebody, `cause he might be a sore loser."

I`ll be watching TV and all of a sudden I`ll think, `Hey, I`m in this!` A lot of times I don`t even know the names of (the movies). I just show up. From 1985, when I first started, to 1990, I did a sh*t-load of B-movies about prisons. They would always say, `Get that Mexican guy with the big tattoo.` I`d show up and I`d have one line, like, `Kill `em all!` or something.

I`d have to say my favorite film would be Heat (1995) and it`s got me out of many tickets.

Juvenile hall, youth authorities ... I was in a lot of trouble. I grew up like the characters I`ve been playing. But would I do things differently? I honestly believe that circumstances create destiny, almost. There weren`t too many ways I could have done things. The only things that were available to me were either be a laborer or be a drug dealer. So I became an armed robber. It was a lot simpler.

(After being told the actor might hit back:) "For $350 a day, give him a bat. I used to get beat up for free."

In regards to his continued growth as a professional actor, he has stated that he still can`t believe how fortunate he`s been. "I`m so blessed. I`m still scared that somebody`s going to wake me up and say, `Hey, we`re still in prison. Let`s go to chow`

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix