Billy Gilman Quotes

My immediate thought was `why so soon?` I was just learning how to use my voice, getting it all down and feeling comfortable with my career - being in the spotlight - and doing what I needed to do. I went to Vanderbilt Voice Clinic in Nashville - one of the world`s best voice centers and they told me `no singing, no talking.` They may have well have just said, `stop breathing.` " With the voice change - a life change - came the fear that he may never sing again.

I look back now over those two years and I`m grateful for the time and wisdom I gained. It was a good time to rest, re-group, think of the future and make a decision as to my long term commitments. Just as most kids at my age are getting their lives started, I was forced to face a possible career change! Being on vocal rest gave me the time to search my heart and my priorities and make a full commitment to my music and getting back to it."

I think `Everything and More` is a more mature version of `One Voice.` The music is fun and includes all aspects of the country genre (including bluegrass, pop, country rock, and traditional ballads) and every song is about a new aspect in my life. One song is about the trying times that I went through with my voice change and my fear that I may never sing again. Another song, `I`m Not Me Anymore,` is about how I`ve grown and changed - it`s my favorite. This time, I had a say in what I wanted to record and I`m so proud of this project because it`s a reflection of who I am today as a young adult. I think the lyrics of each and every song create a picture - just as if you were at the movies. I really hope everyone enjoys my personal `photo` album!

I was doing so much - 90 plus concerts a year, television appearances, recording in the studio, and tons of interviews. I was in constant motion and because of my voice change, I went from doing all of that to doing absolutely nothing at all. It wasn`t as if I made the decision to leave my music career to go back to being `normal.` Being in music and singing is `normal` for me. I`ve been singing since I was two years old. It was my life and this was pretty traumatizing for me."

I honestly did not think I would record again. But by the grace of God and thanks to all of those who had patience, faith and confidence in me, I was able to overcome some personal insecurities - which are really quite normal for a kid my age!

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix