Billy Crudup Quotes

I don`t think actors should have to do anything but come in and act. I feel the film companies should pay for proper advertising to see that the movie will sell, instead of putting it on our backs. I`ve tried to narrow the contractual language, which requires a `fair and reasonable` amount of publicity. I`ve said in negotiations; `How much will you pay me not to have to promote?` Salary Almost Famous (2000) $1,000,000 Where Are They Now (2002) In Off-Broadway production of The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui"

(March 2005) Starring in the Broadway production of Martin McDonagh`s hit play Pillowman also starring Jeff Goldbloom

If I had done `Titanic,` it would have made, probably, $200,000 --worldwide. So I think my life would have been very, very similar.

(December 2006) On Broadway playing Vissarion Belinsky in Tom Stoppard`s "Coast of Utopia" trilogy.

(April 2005) Performing on Broadway with Jeff Goldblum in "The Pillowman".

(on his career) "Every time I do a movie, I think it`s going to be a huge hit."

I wish I could say that when I didn`t agree with a director I defer to him, but I think sometimes I`m a little self-righteous.

When asked who has been the biggest influence on his career, he says, "Mary Louise (Parker, his girlfriend and fellow actor) is a tremendous influence on me. She has incredible discipline. She takes the time day-to-day to watch people, to listen to people. To understand why people do things. And to me, a great actor is someone who`s incredibly compassionate. To me, that`s really it as far as an actor is concerned".

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix