Audrey Hepburn Quotes

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Your heart just breaks, that`s all. But you can`t judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it`s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.

If I get married, I want to be very married.

Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you`re exactly the same.

There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl`s complexion

A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential.

I never thought I`d land in pictures with a face like mine.

I was asked to act when I couldn`t act. I was asked to sing `Funny Face` when I couldn`t sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn`t dance - and do all kinds of things I wasn`t prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.

I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people`s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.

I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.

If I blow my nose, it gets written all over the world.

Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don`t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.

It`s that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so `don`t fuss, dear; get on with it.`

I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it`s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It`s probably the most important thing in a person.

(On filming "Funny Face", while coping with extreme Paris weather and a grumpy co-star) Here I`ve been waiting for 20 years to dance with Fred Astaire, and what do I get? Mud in my eye!

My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I`ve had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I`ve gone through, I`ve always gotten a prize at the end.

There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl`s complexion.

I was asked to act when I couldn`t act. I was asked to sing "Funny Face" when I couldn`t sing and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn`t dance - and do all kinds of things I wasn`t prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.

I know I have more sex appeal on the tip of my nose than many women in their entire bodies. It doesn`t stand out a mile, but it`s there.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it`s at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

(talking about a severe coughing attack she had when she was six weeks old, slowly turning blue and finally stopping breathing until her mother`s prayers and spanking brought her back to life) If I were to write a biography, it would start like this: I was born in Brussels, Belgium, on May 4, 1929 . . . and I died six weeks later.

I don`t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.

For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart.

(about her "comeback" in 1976) Whatever happens, the most important thing is growing old gracefully. And you can`t do that on the cover of a fan magazine.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix