Art Garfunkel Quotes

"I asked myself constantly why I didn`t marry her, because surely she was the apple of my eye. She was everything I was looking for in a woman. But I was very hurt by my first marriage, so as far as marriage to Laurie was concerned, I was extra scared. I was heartbroken. It laid me low. I used to get very sad when the sun went down. The nights were very lonely for me." (About his relationship with Laurie Bird)

"I have a very sure-footed sense of what I like, and exactly how much I like it. Give me two listenings of a song, and I can tell you exactly how it sits with me, and...I know my musical taste. I know my ears, I know what I respond to."

"I thought I was going to go to college and pick one of the more reputable professions and be an upright citizen. All of that seems like so much nonsense now. I guess it doesn`t do to well to envision these projected scenarios of the future. What happens in just about every case is you fall into whatever you fall into. The next thing you know, you`re looking back in retrospect at what it is you`ve now been doing for the last how many years."

Paul has more, I think, of a feel for the stage. Whereas I have it more for the notes themselves. I love record making and mixing, arranging, producing. That I love. I love to make beautiful things, but I don`t like to perform.

Paul`s the writer. Yeah, I wrote a little of that stuff, but that`s just technically true. In spirit, and in essence of the truth, it doesn`t matter. So I don`t know, maybe I`m being foolish for not being technical. Yeah, I wrote a certain portion of the things.

When Paul and I were first friends, starting in the sixth grade and seventh grade, we would sing a little together and we would make up radio shows and become disc jockeys on our home wire recorder. And then came rock and roll.

Paul is a very creative artist but I`m more that thorough, meticulous, disciplined nut.

I`m the kind of person who can hear that stuff. If you sing along to the radio and you`re not going to sing unison with the melody, but find the harmony, I find that pretty easy to do.

I teach well. I used to really like teaching a lot. I enjoyed it a lot and I was good at it.

We human beings are tuned such that we crave great melody and great lyrics. And if somebody writes a great song, it`s timeless that we as humans are going to feel something for that and there`s going to be a real appreciation.

After all these years, I`m finally into soccer. The World Cup is on, and my band is an international group - they`re all around me, cheering in the hotel bars.

Records have images. There are wet records and dry records. And big records.

I would start seeing, in just the sense I was saying now, the kind of record it was going to be and what the arrangement demands, and what my vocal part should be in the record. This was all emerging as the song was emerging.

We`d go to the fraternity house. It was a good place to practice. But we really wanted the kids to overhear us. And whoever heard us would go nuts over it.

Records became much cruder in the last 20 years. Let`s put it that way.

Rodgers and Hammerstein didn`t mean anything to me. I just wanted to have a hit, I just wanted to be like those people on the radio. It was all of a case of the present tense with no projecting into the future, particularly.

I like working solo and it was a lot of fun joking around with the audience, saying things. I`m only just learning how to do certain things.

I was a student at Columbia College, actually, in the Architecture school. Paul would drive in from Queens, showing me these new songs. I can`t remember us working it out.

So it`s mix and match. Hold your line when you really feel something you`re saying is wonderful and you really want to get this point across and prove it to your partner by just throwing it into the tape and letting it speak for itself.

I did have a lucky thing going on there in my throat.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix