Amy Poehler Quotes

I`ve said this before, that, when you`re in school and you`re the class clown, men are really good at making fun at other people and women are really good at making fun of themselves.

I also think if you`re an actor and you can improvise, when you go on an audition and you can improvise you`re just a genius. If you can, you know, take a Tide commercial and you can just say one funny line that`s not in the commercial they think you`re a genius.

If you do a scene and you really like a character in it or a premise in it to write it down and to work on it so that you can have five or six characters that you can pull out in an audition.

There`s a couple of enemies to improv, and one of them is editing; when you edit on TV it makes it seem like it`s not really improv.

In a recent Valentine`s Day posting on her fan website, Britney Spears says that - oh, who cares?

So, if you`re doing good longform with talented people than you can step out and you can be the president or a construction worker and people accept that. It`s really the roles you give yourself.

Sometimes in my class I have people come in and do monologues inspired by people they know and I always find that to be useful to do specifics about somebody and then you`re actually doing a character and not doing some random old lady or something.

Improvisation is almost like the retarded cousin in the comedy world. We`ve been trying forever to get improvisation on TV. It`s just like stand-up. It`s best when it`s just left alone. It doesn`t translate always on TV. It`s best live.

It`s not communism, it`s shouldn`t be that everybody gets a try no matter how good or bad they are. It`s our profession and our art, so we should eventually strive to be working with the best people.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix