Alan Jackson Quotes

Hee Haw was probably my biggest exposure to live music at a young age, because there wasn`t any live music around my town and no one in my family played instruments.

I could have done a hundred songs, really. It was hard to narrow them down, because I tried to pick songs for the most part that actually did have some effect on me or influenced me in the past.

I just always remembered that, not that it pushed me to be a singer, but I don`t know why he said that. Hee Haw was a big part of my life, musically.

I didn`t realize until I was older what a huge music fan my daddy really was, and actually that my grandma played banjo at one time, and I didn`t even know that until a year or two ago.

My mother kept asking me, `When are you going to do a gospel album?` And I`ve always wanted to do a gospel album. Everybody was going on about it, so mom started hounding me more.

Probably some of the songs I never even really listened to the lyrics. Half of them I`d hear off the radio and was probably singing the wrong words and didn`t even know it.

I really was a fan of his and always have been - his writing especially, you know? I think people a lot of times overlook that part, because he kind of got into that party character so heavy.

He`s written some great songs. I thought that "Blues Man" was a perfect song for me to do as a tribute.

For some reason I`ve been labeled that and it`s fine, but there are a lot of other artists that sing real traditional stuff, so I don`t know why they picked me. That`s what I`ve always done.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix