Al Franken Quotes

(At the Maine political delegation breakfast on July 26, 2004) John Cusack saw Franken in the audience and said, "I`m not going to try and be funny." Franken responded, "I`m not going to try and act."

"No, I grew up very middle class. My parents didn`t make a lot of money. My dad was not a high school graduate - he didn`t have a career as such, he was a printing salesman essentially for most of his working life." (interview with Jay MacDonald, in an article "Fame & Fortune: Comedian Al Franken." [February 2006)

"I`m part of the mushball middle. I consider `confused` the majority position because, thankfully, most people would rather be uncertain some of the time than 100 percent positive all the time - even when they`re wrong." (interview with Marla Williams, Seattle Times, March 11, 1996)

"The reason I chose Limbaugh (Rush Limbaugh) is, first of all, when I made the decision, it was late `94, right before the congressional elections. He was this huge power, he was being called the `Majority Maker.` ... And I listened to him, I just listened to him. And I thought, how does this guy get away with this? ... Someone`s got to do something that`s funny. Someone`s got to do something in his face." (interview with Mark Schapiro for Salon, February 1996, on-line).

"No one is more sensitive to the issue of overeating than the creator of Stuart Smalley."

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it`s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

When you encounter seemingly good advice that contradicts other seemingly good advice, ignore them both.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

The biases the media has are much bigger than conservative or liberal. They`re about getting ratings, about making money, about doing stories that are easy to cover.

It`s easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.

Our Website Community
Whos Dated Who
  • Celebrity dating gossip
  • Celebrity couples
  • Celebrity babies
Lucy Who
  • Celebrity profiles
  • Filmographies and TV show credits
  • Magazine covers
  • Quotes and trivia
  • Discographies and lyrics
Fan Pix